Monday, December 3, 2012

Blogging Hiatus

After being gone for almost two weeks, I can now officially say that I am a Dockerty! Now this blog has a whole new meaning… the past two weeks have probably been the best weeks of our lives and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
To start out, Sean’s Uncle David flew in about a week before the wedding and we had a blast with him! It meant the world to Sean (and me!) to have him here. He has an awesome sense of humor and is always down to have some fun. Our friends and my family got a kick out of him and we’re all hoping that he moves back from cooolllllddddd Colorado. Fingers crossed!
We also celebrated Thanksgiving! We carried out our tradition of going to the little island by my grandmother’s house to have some Bloody Mary cocktails and swap stories about how our year has been. Last year, Sean and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on the island; it’s also where he proposed to me! Everyone was so excited for us this year and they were all offering us kind words and well wishes. We then came home and deep fried two turkeys and hung out with Mike and Uncle David. After that, the four of us traveled to my parent’s house to grub on a traditional Thanksgiving feast and then it was off to Sean’s cousin’s house to stuff some more food into our bellies. Needless to say, we were pretty useless by the end of the night…
Friday was a crazy day filled with getting the venue ready and trying to stay commonsensical (SAT word)!  Hahaha, the impending celebration had us all excited and a bit frazzled. But, everything went really smooth and the room looked so beautiful, I can’t thank our families enough for all of the help (and to Sarah for filming all of the shenanigans!). Us girls then went and got our nails done and relaxed after a busy morning. Later, we had our rehearsal dinner at the Dockerty household! Our closest family and a few friends came. It was an awesome low-key gathering; the perfect way to celebrate before the big day. Big thanks to my new family for throwing us such a fantastic dinner. And a big slap in the face to my husband for shoving cake into my hair, ear and face. Exactly my reasoning for not having cake at the wedding!
Now, like your favorite TV show, I’m going to leave you with a cliffhanger! I so wish I could share some pictures with you, but because I was so busy, I didn’t really get any! Everyone else did though, so hopefully I’ll be able to steal a few! I’ll be back tomorrow with more details of our wedding and honeymoon, but until then, happy Monday!
-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment