Monday, December 10, 2012

#1 Hubbo

One day last week I came home to the greatest sight… Sean (who I will now refer to as El Hubbo) landscaped the other half of our yard! Greatest husband ever? In my eyes, yes. He wins. For multiple reasons, but for now we’ll just discuss this one.
We had plans for a while to one day “git r done”, but this day came much sooner than I expected, and for that, I am thankful! It’s absolutely beautiful!
 You can thank the dogs for the mess of mulch in front... We had a serious game of frisbee.

Special thanks to Ricky, my dad and Kevin J for helping with the job.
You deserved all the cold beer in our fridge :)
We even adorned our new façade with Christmas lights. The best part? El Hubbo surprised me by buying them. Who is this new man?!? Love it! I wish I had a picture of our newest addition at night, but unfortunately I don’t… Fail on my part. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow. Promise. Hopefully.
I do have a picture of our lovely wreath that Sean’s parents got us! It smells amazing :)

This past Friday we went ice skating for Jesica’s birthday. Although I have a fear of falling and busting my butt, I didn’t do too bad! I stuck to the wall for most of the beginning, but after about a half hour, I got the hang of it and was darting slowly skating around without the aid of the wall! Sean kept insisting that I hold his hand and pick up the pace; I was almost on board until he completely biffed and fell. And I mean full on laid out. Back on the ground. Feet in the air. Donezo. Needless to say, I didn’t hold his hand for the rest of the night… It was definitely a good time, though. It’s nice to do something different every once in a while. Here’s what’s supposed to be a lovely picture of Briana and Phil, Jes decided it was a little too formal. Atta girl Jes.

The next night, El Hubbo and I took our furkids out to watch the Treasure Island Boat Parade.

There were a lot of boats that participated this year. It was fun to get out of the house and spend some time with our babies. It’s sorta ridiculous how much we love our dogs. We even wished that they were able to come on our honeymoon with us…weirdos. But we just have so much fun with them :)
Besides our excursions this past weekend, we also broke out the smoker once again. After Sean rigged it a little more, it was ready to cook some good grub. Do you like our smoke flume?
 It’s custom, we'll be taking orders for them next year.
That pretty much wraps up our weekend… This week I’ll be prepping for a yard sale that I’ll be conducting to get rid of some of the crap we’ve accumulated over the past year. It’s insane the amount of stuff we have; it’s my goal to be a minimalist and live simply, but with the copious quantities of junk we never use, I figured we’d be better off having a yard sale to make some money. As they say, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure! Wish me luck with getting Sean to part with some of his junk.
-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment