Since our group of friends likes to take pictures, I set up a backdrop and had props to add a little spunk to our photographs. Here are a few:
I won't bore you with resolutions and all the stuff I wish to do that probably won't happen (ahem, exercising). Instead, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and do what a lot of other bloggers are doing, come up with one word to describe this year. This year, my word is
1) I hope to grow my relationship with my husband. My marriage to Sean is the most important thing in my life and I want to continue to love and support him in everything he sets out to do. We make a great team and I love him more than anything; I hope to grow our strength, happiness and faith in each other.
2) I wish to grow the bonds that Sean and I have with our families. These days, trust is hard to come by. But, at the end of the day it's nice to know that we have these people to help us when needed. I want to spend more time with them and I want to become a person that they know they can count on.
3) I want to help Sean grow his businesses. He's so passionate and hard working and I want to help fulfill his dreams. He's already very successful, but the boy has some pretty lofty goals that I will continue to help with in every way possible. This year, I hope his two businesses grow in size, numbers and success.
4) I hope to grow my confidence in everything I do. When it comes to work, I hope I can continue to grow and prosper, but I know that much of that stems from the level of confidence I have in myself, as well as the confidence that my fellow coworkers have in me. I also hope to grow my confidence in everything else such as cooking, homemaking, being a good friend, making wise decisions, etc.
5) I already mentioned stregthening our bonds, but I also want to grow our family. No, I'm not pregnant. And I'm not looking to get pregnant any time soon. I'm having fun being married and being spontaneous. As of now, I'm too selfish to give that up. And that's okay. I'm young. This is my time. But I would like to have a child one day that doesn't shed hair all over the place, has claws and goes coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs over a tennis ball. Will Sean and I have a baby this year? Probably not. But I would like to have somewhat of an idea as for when things will happen. Grow baby grow. Scratch that, plan baby plan :)
6) Lastly, I want to grow the relationships that I have with my friends. I have learned the value of quality over quantity; I think part of that comes from maturing and growing up. I really value the people I have in my life and the bond that we have. I wish the best for them this year and hope that they will continue to grow and prosper.
Here's to a wonderful year! May it be the best one yet :)