Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Supposedly it's Fall....

According to the time of year, it's fall. According to the weather outside, it's still summer. But, I live in Florida and it comes with the territory. That doesn't mean that my house isn't all set for the impending weather change, though! I've set out all of my fall decor. I think some is missing, I'm just not sure where it is in the house... Oh well. The stuff I have out now will suffice.

One of my favorite things to do is decorate the entryway of our house. I love the front door we chose and if I have the chance to draw your eyes to it, I'm going to do my best to do just that.


As you can tell, I'm still using my wreath that I've used in the past. It's the best way to save money, just switch out the flowers depending on the holiday or time of year. I also hung the scarecrow from our mailbox; I made a hook out of a metal clothes hanger so it really stays on there in case we get any crazy winds. I also planted cute little orange flowers in with my topiary! I love the vibrant color that they add :)


As you enter the house, there are sunflowers throughout. I put "das boot" on the little table as you walk through the door, as well as some other flowers scattered on the table.


Behind our couch we have this.... Now you all know that I'm a firm believer in "using what you have", and one thing is for certain, there are plenty of beer bottles at my house. Sean made his own brew at home and had a bottling kit so, I used four of the left over bottles. All I did was hot glue some craft letters to it, shoved some orange twig branches in there and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, we've got ourselves some fall decor! I wrapped some fall themed garland around it and stuck some sunflowers in between the bottles. All in all, it cost me about $3 to accomplish that little bit. Not too shabby!



Last, but not least, the tablescape. I had some bandanna scrapbook paper left over from a Bridal Shower that I threw for a friend last weekend, so I used that as my base. Then I just wrapped some jute twine around somethings, threw some flowers and some candles around and added a little sign and a scarecrow (both bought at Target for a dollar) and that was done!

I'll be back with another fall craft that I did with my girls at a Pinterest Party that I had during my hiatus! They're so much fun.... I have everyone bring a dish that they've been meaning to try on their Pinterest Board and I supply all of the materials for the craft that I've also found on Pinterest. What did we do in the days before virtual pin boards?! Happy fall y'all! sorta...

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment