Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Boo!

Ahh!!!

Don't be alarmed, it's just me :)

I know, I know.... I've been gone for a while. Life happens. And let me tell you, life was dishin' it.

At work, we went through a system conversion. We went from a DOS based program (suuuuper old school) to a Windows based program. I like it.... but there are so many glitches and problems with it that it makes me want to throw my computer on the ground and stomp on it like a three year old would crush a Cheerio during a tantrum. Needless to say, it's freaking aggrevating.

So, I've been working nine to ten hour days ensuring that everything goes accordingly because they only sent a trainer to our branch for a total of nine days. You may think that sounds like a long time, but when everything changes and you have to teach four people how to literally know every aspect of day-to-day activities that happen within the branch, it is, in fact, not a long time at all. Especially when other branches got a total of two months of training to learn just two or three responsibilities. But, the guys and I are getting the hang of it and, so far, we've managed to stay off the radar of branches with "problems". And for that, I am proud. And a little less stressed out. Sorta.

Anyhoo, on top of that, we've been having some troubles with the house... I shall start by saying that before Sean and I moved in, we replaced and updated most of the house, and after we moved in, we continued the updates. The floors, the paint, the bathroom, we finished the kitchen, a new air conditioning unit, landscaping, outdoor lighting, a new hot water heater and many other things that I can't even think of. But it seemed like everything came to a screeching hault. The landscape lighting wouldn't turn on for some reason, the water coming out of the faucet was cold and the air coming out of the vents was hot. I don't know about you, but we don't celebrate opposite day in our house! Let alone, opposite weeks! During this time, our electric panel broke and became a serious fire hazard. fantastic. add that to the list.

We thought that some of the problems were stemming from the broken electric panel. I mean, it made sense... but in fact, none of them had to do with that. which meant we had to find the problem with each appliance. cool.

Hundreds of dollars later and a bunch of trial and error fixes and everything is a-okay. We now have a new electric panel, we slapped the crap out of the air conditioning unit out of frustration and miraculously the damn thing turned on and we have new heating elements in the hot water heater. We drained the tank three times and replaced the elements three times and it finally works. Thank goodness. I guess that saying "the third time is the charm" is actually true because I now take scolding hot showers to make up for lost time. I took a cold shower everyday for about three weeks. I was not pleasant to be around after stepping out of the tub. Our house is a much happier place now :)

In other news, today is the first day of October. Holy cats this year is going by fast!!! This is mine and Sean's favorite time of year, and I'm pretty sure it's everyone else's favorite time of year, too. Consider us bandwagoners. He loves it for the delicious Pumpkin beer (typical) and I love it for all of the decor (also typical). But, our most favorite thing about this time of year is the fact that we can open up our house! While it's way too hot for that now, we love having all of the windows and doors open. One of our favorite features of the house is that the whole back side of it opens up, thanks to the sliding glass doors that open up and slide into the wall. It reminds us of a house in the islands how everything flows into the great outdoors. We get to view our beautiful backyard, the dogs enjoy the brisk air and it puts us in a better mood. I love it. I'm ready for it. bring. it. on.

That's all for now, though. Big thanks to my five relentless fans for checking in to make sure I was alive. I am, thankfully. I am also taking hot showers, relaxing in cool air and no longer live in a house that could catch on fire at any given moment. Life is good. I'll be back later on this week to show you how much fall has invaded our house. I'm loving all of the colors and flowers. I'm also loving the Caramel Apple Spice drinks from Starbucks (my new addiction), I just wish I didn't sweat my rear end off while drinking it. C'mon mother nature, bring on the cooler temps!!! I'm ready for boots and scarves :)

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment