Friday, December 7, 2012

Lights, Crabs, Socks and Snowmen

Just because the honeymoon was over, doesn’t mean the fun ended! Sean and I had the whole week off after our wedding; so, we decided to use our time wisely and get stuff done around the house and spend time with our awesome friends. 
For starters, I decorated the house for the holidays! I love this time of year and I couldn’t wait to get all of the Christmas décor up. Sean surprised me a week prior by putting lights on the house. I came home from doing last minute errands for the wedding to find him, Phil and Derek running around on the roof putting up our new LED lights. They did so good! It was the greatest surprise too, considering Sean is such a Scrooge…  Yeah, I said it.
Nice job boys! Do you like the added touch on the boat? Haha
I was in charge of the interior portion of our Dockerty Domain. I only have this one picture, but the tree is the most important part, right? Besides, that tree took a lot work to complete since I made most of the ornaments on it… Definitely a labor of love.
Notice the wrapped presents underneath? I completed almost all of my holiday shopping at one store in a matter of two hours. What was that one store you ask? Bealls. Because they offer free gift wrapping. I HATE wrapping gifts. With a passion. So I went and let the ladies in customer service go at it. Pretty sure they hated me when they were done wrapping my shopping cart full of stuff, but I’m also pretty sure I have wrapped gifts under my treeeee! Hehehe :)
Later on in the week, a few of our friends came over for a crab boil! I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing it was. I’ve been telling everyone that Derek gave us crabs for our wedding gift, just to see their faces. Most of them look a bit befuddled. But it’s true; he got us an insane amount of claws, and you better believe that we devoured almost all of them.
We had alllll of those stone crab claws, shrimp, corn, hushpuppies, ribs, cornbread, potato salad and mac n’ cheese. We were all pleasantly plump after that doozie of a meal. If you let me, I could probably go on and on about how good it all was, but for the sake of time and the fact that I might bore you to death, I’ll move on.    ....but it was really good. Ok. Done.
The next day, December 1st, I planned a party. A Pinterest Party! Yippee!
There are a lot of amazing females in my life and a majority of them are obsessed with this beloved website. To the point of ridiculousness. Seriously. So I decided to celebrate the one thing that consumes the greater part of most of our free time, Pinterest. I had this Pinteresting idea a few weeks ago and created the event. I told my lovely ladies to bring a dish that they found on Pinterest that they’ve either tried or have been wanting to try. I also told them that I would supply all of the materials for a holiday craft. I was so excited, not only to have all of my besties come over, but to eat some great food and make some cute stuff to get us all in the Christmas spirit.
For the dish, I made Bubble Up Pizza! It was insanely easy. You just take two cans of Grands Buttermilk biscuits and chop them into quarters. You then mix in a jar of tomato sauce and 16oz of cheese (I used 8oz of mozzarella and an 8oz bag of a mozzarella and parmesan mix), and you can mix in whatever toppings you want (I just used pepperoni). After everything is mixed really well, put the concoction into a greased baking dish and plop it in a 375* oven for about 25-30 minutes and watch as it bubbles up! It was so good and fluffy; I would definitely make it again!
After we stuffed our bellies with some delicious dishes, it was on to the crafty portion of the night! Sock Snomen were on the agenda!  
Cute, right? Love them.
Here are some pictures of us creating them. I would go step by step on how to make them, but that would take forever… So sit back and enjoy these; check out this website if you’d like to get the directions!
^^ So classy ^^

^^ We made a mess ^^





^^ My Snowbabies :) ^^ 

 Sarah even made a little sock cap for my Cody boy!
So, that was the extent of our whole honeymoon week. Now that life has gone back to “normal”, I’ll fill you in with the updates that we’ve done to the house! Have a fab weekend guys!
-C Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment