Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hitched!

As promised, I’m back to dish about the wedding :)
It was magical. Simply put, it was an amazing day. I wish we could do it all over again just to have all of the people that we love in the same room once more. It felt awesome to have all of the support in the world and to know that we have something special. We loved it.

The girls (my mom, his mom, my new sistas!) and I started off the morning by getting our makeup and hair done. It was fun to get all dolled up! Special thanks to Jason and Michelle for making us all prettified, we all looked gawjus!


After that it was off to the venue to do some last minute set ups! While us girls were running around like busy little bees, Sean was twittling his thumbs wondering what to do with himself haha. Luckily he had some good friends to occupy him and keep his mind busy.
After everything was done, it was our time to shine. We professed our love for one another while saying our vows; it was beautiful and so meaningful. You could probably cut the sappiness with a knife during that time, but it’s nice to see him so serious and passionate, especially when it doesn’t have anything to do with a four wheeler, boat or anything having a gas engine. I definitely ate up all of his attention and loved every second of it. We even shared a somewhat coordinated first dance! There was no tripping, no boob slips, no awkward spins where I fell over, none of that! Hallelujah.

One of my favorite parts was being reunited with old friends and even my cousin that I haven’t seen in years! Such an amazing moment. I miss her.

Everyone always said that the time would go by so quickly… and they weren’t lying! I’m so glad we kept it simple, and low-key, and all about us and everything and everyone we love. It was perfect (in our eyes) and it went off without a hitch. And if there was a hitch, I certainly didn’t know about it, and for that, I am thankful. There was no stress, no mess, no drama. Just how I wanted it. We had the time of our lives and we are so thankful to those that could make it and even those that couldn’t.  You all mean the world to us.

Mr. and Mrs. Dockerty J
-C Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment