Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Mash-up

Did everyone have a blessed Christmas? I know I sure did! I came home Friday to a wonderful surprise, a screen door for our garage! Our garage is pretty much our front porch, we all hang out in it; having this door will keep the mosquitos to a minimum and it'll also keeps these two in check:

Thanks Mom and Dad!
The next day (Saturday) I did some stuff around the house while the boys got all of their four wheelers prepared to ride the next day. In between my cleaning, I checked out some consignment furniture stores for a dresser. I found the perfect one and picked it up for $200 less than what they were asking! Talk about a bargain shopper! I get my mad skills from El Hubbo, the number one cheapo in my life. Now I have to get busy on the rest of the room...

Later that night, we went to Lyndsey and Derek's Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! It was the first party they've had in their gorgeous new home and everyone had such a great time. I designed our outfits using some clearance Christmas crap from the craft store. Warning: Sean's outfit is graphic and may offend you! But if you're anything like our friends, you'll get a kick out of his "Filthy" Sweater:

 

Here's a pick from everyone and their ugliness!


I designed my outfit from a bag that I found at the craft store. I cut the bottom so I could wear it as a dress and embellished it with some crazy flowers, bows and fake lights. I then used the rest of the material to make a headband. It was horribly gaudy and perfect for the "ugly" portion of the party. At the end of the night, we found out that we won! Derek said it was because of our creative skills, sense of humor and pure sexiness. Of course we totally agreed...  I think my favorite part about winning the "Ugliest Christmas Sweaters" was the fact that we didn't even wear actual sweaters!
Booze for the winning prize!
We woke up the next morning with plans to go ride out at our property. Our first task was to get this guy off the back so we could load up... he really leads a hard life.


After riding the Rzr around for a few hours, Sean and I came to the conclusion that this particular toy was worth every. single. penny. We had such a blast! It handled perfectly and could tackle any terrain; plus, we both feel much safer in it. Here are some pictures from our day out at River Ranch with some of our great friends :)





It was so cold out that morning! Luckily, it warmed up during the day. After riding around for a while, we got a little dirty. It was pretty dusty out there due to the lack of rainfall; this was the after effect:



Yikes!
We had such a great time. After getting a much needed shower, we went out to dinner with Sean's grandfather and all of his grandkids and their spouses. Then, it was time to prepare for the Christmas Craziness!

This year, we were so excited to celebrate the engagement for two of our very close friends, Briana and Phil! He proposed on Christmas Eve while walking through Largo Central Park. We couldn't be more excited for them and the future that they have ahead of them!

Check out that bling! Good job Phil!

Christmas Eve was a fun-filled-full-day of eating. Loved it. We started out going to my grandmother's house for our traditional roast dinner and we opened up some gifts. Then, it was off to the Dockerty's for a housefull of spunky Italians. We had ziti, sausage and peppers, salad, bread and everything else you can imagine. Sean and I fell into a food coma, but we had to keep chuggin! We opened up gifts and then got ready for church. Every year, our friends join us for the service that starts at 11pm. We all do our best to keep each other awake, which mostly consists of picking on each other... we also tracked Santa's where-abouts via Twitter. We had plenty of time to make it home before the fat man came; he was in Iceland when the service concluded :)

After the church service (that finally wrapped up at 12:30), we went back to the Dockerty's to do what we do best. Cook and eat. Again. As if we weren't tired before, we were practically falling asleep at the table. But the pancakes, eggs, bacon and toast were deeelish!



After finally going to bed at about two in the morning, we woke up early on Christmas Day and headed to my parent's house. We spent our day eating more food, opening more gifts and spending time with our awesome families and friends. Sean and I have so much to be thankful for and many things to look forward to; a New Years trip, spending time with great people, Zac Brown Band Concert in a few months (eeek!) and some fabulous weddings! This year was so great and I know we're in for an exciting one to come. Hope you all had a blessed holiday!

-C Doc




No comments:

Post a Comment