Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Honeymooners

Like almost every other couple, Sean and I escaped for a little honeymoon to celebrate our marital bliss. We went to a quaint little town down south known as Captiva Island, located west of Ft. Myers.  We cant thank my parents enough for getting us the heck outta town, the three day mini vacay was much needed and much appreciated; thanks guys!
And now, I shall recap our lil trip with some pics! Lots of them. Lets begin.  
Here we are ready to leave town with the boat and scooter in tow! The scooter was perfect for the island, plus the weather was beautiful enough for us to travel around all weekend on it; it definitely helped us to conserve gas :)
 
Here is our awesome parking spot in Ellenton Mall that I just had to brag about. Finding a parking spot for a truck and boat on one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year at one of the busiest malls in Bradenton is a feat and I fully intend on showing it off. Briana and Lyndsey will know what I'm talking about, we almost got in a fist fight last year over a parking spot! Craziness.

Anywhooo, back to the trip. The island, at its widest, is barely three miles; here is a little map to show you what there is to do, we stayed at 'Tween Waters Inn, located right there in the middle. 


This was the view looking out from the hotel to the beach.

The Inn was seriously covered in Christmas lights, they were everywhere! It must have taken them months to put them all up. The cool nights and Christmas lights definitely got me in the holiday spirit  :)

We spent a lot of our time wandering around town on the scooter. Various stops were taken so Sean could take and make some phone calls. Business never sleeps and he's always wheelin' and dealin'. Life of a hustler I tell ya....


We also put the boat in the water and did some fishing! We pretty much caught nothing the whole trip... But, as they say, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!


Here's the little Lady Fish I caught one [cold] morning... absolutely nothing to be proud of, but at least something was pulled in!


We even saw some white pelicans; I thought it was pretty cool, Sean could have cared less...

Here are some randoms to commemorate the trip  :)


On our first day there, after boating and fishing, we docked up and walked to The Bubble Room. It's a bazaar little restaurant where the servers are called "Bubble Scouts" and each room in the restaurant has a different theme (I snapped a pic of their Christmas room). I wish I could have gotten a picture of Sean's face when they said that our Bubble Scout will be right over to get our drink order, it was hilarious. 

We also ate at the other well known restaurant on the island, The Mucky Duck. Sean, for the life of him, couldn't remember the name of this place. I'll let you guess which word he kept incorporating into it, it just so happens to rhyme with truck...duck...luck...you get the idea. The food was great, unlike Sean's face in this picture, ha. So enthused.



Another thing that we enjoyed was relaxing on the beach and watching the sunset. So gorgeous. It's amazing how we take life's beautiful moments for granted. Sean and I live ten minutes from the beach but we never really have time to appreciate the simple things. That's another reason why I was so grateful for the trip, it was like getting back to the basics. So there we sat, right on the sand, with drinks in our hands (in a Tervis cup of course!) and some Jack Johnson music playing on Sean's phone. Do you like the pedestal we built for it?


It was definitely a trip to remember and I'm glad I got to spend it with my partner in crime. It's still so weird to say that he's my husband, but I'm getting used to it. It kinda has a nice ring to it. We are two kids that are crazy in love and we're doing pretty well in this game called life. We're making the most out of each and every day and we are so excited to see what the future holds. We are also blessed to have all of you in our lives. Cheers :)

-C Doc




No comments:

Post a Comment