Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where has the time gone?!?

Being that we are soooo close to the wedding, I haven’t had time to do much around the house or cook any new dishes… such a slacker, I know. Apparently November is full of parties, birthdays and get-togethers and I’m just trying to keep up.
This past weekend I had a baby shower to attend, a birthday party for the twinsies and birthday party for Tyler who is now three! It’s amazing how time flies. Us adults played wiffle ball in the yard while the kids played in the street (parenting at its finest). I played first base and while I tried to do my best at getting people out, Steven (who we call Tampa) took me out! He ran to first base and ran right into me (I think it was an accident???) and we went rumblin’ and tumblin’ in the street. All I could think about when I was falling down from being tackled by a 275lb 6’4” dude was “strapless wedding dress”!!! Luckily, I had on pants and a long sleeve shirt so all I walked away with was a little scrape on my elbow and eyes full of tears because I was laughing so hard. It was hilarious. And we lost. But it was still a really good time!
We went to Edo’s Hibachi Restaurant last night to celebrate my dad’s birthday. Such. Good. Food. None of us could move very well after we left because we were so stuffed. I got him a new pair of kicks for his b-day, grey Converse All Stars, and he rocked them to dinner. Awesome.
Unlike this past weekend, (I’m pretty sure) I have nothing planned, which will leave time for last minute wedding to-do’s. Besides my grandma’s birthday on Sunday, I don’t think there’s much of anything else going on. Thank goodness, because this girl is tired. While I’m so excited to be married to my best friend and plan our big day, I’m kind of ready for things to go back to “normal”, whatever that is… But instead we have the holidays fast approaching; so, no rest for me!
Event list:
Sunday: Nana’s Birthday
Tuesday: last day of work for a week and a half (yippee!)
Thursday: Thanksgiving
Friday: set up venue and have rehearsal dinner
Saturday: our wedding day!!! and 5 year anniversary :)
Sunday: leave for honeymoon (finally a vacation!)
Friday: Stone crab feast
Saturday: Pinterest party! (I'm so excited for this!)
I can’t believe our big day is coming so fast, where has the time gone?!? It seems like yesterday we were months away and suddenly we’re only 10 days from getting hitched! Craziness. I’m so excited :) I just hope I can stay sane through all of the madness. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment