Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Housewife

I got a call the other day from Sean’s awesome grandfather, whom we call “Da”, and he said that he’d like to meet up to give us our wedding gift. I told him he could just bring it to the wedding but he said that he didn’t want to lug it around, which automatically got my curiosity going… I resisted the urge to check the registry (it took all that I had not to log on to Bed Bath & Beyond!), so I waited. I hate waiting.
Anyhoo, we made plans with the Santa Claus looking fella to go to Red Lobster (his absolute favorite) and he would pick us up at 6. Like clockwork, he came up the driveway with a package in his hand. I let Sean open it since I had the pleasure of opening most of the gifts at the Bridal Shower. As he unwrapped it, I spotted the name that I’ve been longing to have in my house… DYSON! Yes folks, we have a Dyson vacuum! This one to be exact:

Check out the different options we have! It’s a DC 35 handheld that is run by battery. No dragging a cord, no tripping over a cord, no sucking up a cord and no being stopped to go into the next room... by a cord. We are now free to roam about the house. I was so excited, and surprisingly enough, so was Sean! For the first time since we’ve been living in the house, the househusband vacuumed. I. Was. Shocked. And thrilled J he was going to town trying it out on the different floor surfaces; it worked great on all of them, carpet, tile and our awesome Astroturf haha. And when he was over it, which didn’t take long, he handed it off to me! I vacuumed for about two minutes and it died… apparently it didn’t have that great of a charge right out of the box. Just my luck. Supposedly when it has a full charge it'll last for 6 hours. Yessss.
Due to the fact that our beloved Dyson was deader than a doornail, we decided to hang up the charging station in our laundry room. I love it. It’s more accessible than our broom, plus we don’t have to deal with scooping the junk up with a dust pan, which never gets it all…

Cody wanted to make a cameo J
Maybe now we won’t have such a hairy house! Ha, who am I kidding… with two crazy furballs it will always be a constant struggle. But, at least we’ll have a better defense! Let the battle begin!


2 comments:

  1. Can I come test drive the Dyson?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely get a Dyson before you shave Kiah ever again lol, save your dog the embarrassment and just get an awesome vaccuum! We seriously use it everyday, it's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete