Monday, March 4, 2013

Snug like a bug in a rug

Happy Monday! Did y'all have a good weekend? Besides being bummed that I didn't get to see it snow in St. Pete, I had a great one. While Sean was off pretending to be good at golfing, I went shopping :)

The progress of our bedroom has been at a stand still since we're both busy with work and weddings and such. As well as the fact that I'm still deciding on what to do next... I saw this pillow last weekend when I was browsing around Marshall's but decided to hold off on it. But, I loved it so much I decided to go back for it. Now, I ask you to do a big favor for me... please excuse the wrinkled sheets and pillow cases, I left them in the dryer too long. Oops! 



Anyhoo, that's the pillow! I love how it pulls the grey from the sheets into it as well as incorporating some new colors in. Since I'm a big fan of the color green, I've decided that green shall be an accent color. The tan also ties in the dog bed that I recently bought for my favorite boys.


While I was out on my little shopping spree, I came across a cool rug that incorporates even more color! The best part? It was e-l-e-v-e-n dollars!!! Say whaaa?!? That's crazy cheap for a 4x6 rug. I though about getting the 5x7 for five bucks more, but I thought that the 4x6 was a good size for the little area. Plus, how could you pass up a rug for $11? 


As a whole, it's neutral enough to still fit in with the room, but it's got little pops of color that add some fun. 




So, besides buying a few shirts for me and some shorts for my boy-toy, these are some of the things that I bought that will go towards completing our room. Next on the list, getting the bed painted, finally painting the nightstands (slacker status), curtains and getting some art on those bare walls! Ciao for now!

-C Doc 

No comments:

Post a Comment