Monday, March 25, 2013

Awreatha Franklin

What a wonderful weekend! Lyndsey and Derek said their vows and tied the knot on Saturday. It was so beautiful and probably the best wedding I've been to. The food was great, the atmosphere was serene and the couple looked great!


After recovering laying in bed until almost noon on Sunday (which was fantastic!), I decided it was time to get my lazy butt outta bed. Sean looked up our bank account last week and said that if he saw another purchase from Michaels that he would probably go crazy....

So I started my Sunday by going to Michaels. Haha!

What can I say? It's one of my favorite stores! Besides, St. Patty's Day is over and the wreath needed to be changed out! And that right there, my friends, is enough justification for me :)

Since spring is in full swing (sorta), flowers at Michaels were 50% off, making it that much harder to narrow down which bunch I wanted to shove in my twig wreath. I ended up with some colorful daisies and a paper flower for the top.


The daisies came in a bunch so I started by taking wire cutters and cutting the stems pretty long. I ended up cutting them again to about 3". That's enough to be able to work it into the twiggy wreath.


As you can see (unless you're color blind), the daisies are pink, yellow and green. I also got that cute pink and yellow paper flower to put at the top; so, to keep a little green up there, I left the glass D ornament. I then stuck in the flowers and the two leaves, that were also attached to the bunch, and bent them to create a full looking arrangement.


Next, I attached the paper flower. It had a loop tied to the back of it so I threaded it through the wreath and tied a secure knot. I'm already planning on it getting ruined by rain and humidity, but at least at the end of the day that sucker will still be on there!

Here is my finished product, all ready for Easter and Spring!


And, of course, a shot of the wreath on the door :)


You can barely see the D ornament at night, but during the day the gold shimmers in the sunlight and it's super cute! I'm all ready for Spring, but the temps outside don't seem to have caught up with me yet; it's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow! Say whaaaaa?!?!?!?

Stay warm!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment