Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You say tomato...

And I say, add some cucumbers and italian dressing! :)

Tomato and Cucumber salad. It's definitely one of my favorite sides; it's so cool and refreshing and it goes with almost any meal, not to mention the fact that it's crazy easy to make. So, I decided to make it for last nights dinner. Two vine ripe tomatoes and one cucumber is the perfect amount for Sean and I as a side. I usually leave the skin on the cucumber, but last night I went a lil crazy and peeled it off. Such a rebel.

All you do is chop everything into small bite size pieces and plop it into a bowl.


After that, drown it in Italian Dressing. Wishbone seems to be Sean's favorite so that's what we use. Happy hubby, happy wifey.


With this dish, the longer it sits, the better it tastes. I usually try to prepare this at least a half hour before dinner is served. That way, the veggies have the ability to soak up the flavoring, or marinate, if you will.

After preparing this, I hopped in the shower and bathed the fur-kids. When I got out, Sean had dinner all ready! I love good surprises :)  He made tilapia, mushrooms and new potatoes all in a pesto and garlic butter sauce. It was awesome! He also made garlic bread sticks. I'm pretty sure he could eat those with his cereal in the morning. It's sorta ridiculous how much he likes them. They're not pictured because he already ate them...


He can cook for me anytime. Seriously, any. time. Because either way, I have to do the dishes. So why not take one task away, right?

Tomorrow I should have an exciting post of some things we're doing in the backyard. Or maybe Thursday... Who knows!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment