Friday, March 22, 2013

Your @$$ is grass!

Kidding...

So, I'm a day later than promised... I've been trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution of exercising and now that the sun is out later, I've been spending more time doing outdoor activities! I love it when it's lighter later. Bring on the sunshine and beautiful sunsets :)

Anyhoo, I'd like to share some photos and updates on our backyard! Before, we had a dirt pit. I hated letting the dogs go back there because I knew when they came back in they'd be little dirt devils. I don't even want to get into the mud pit we had when it rained... But, we're now in the process of creating a little oasis.

Step one: grass!

We started in the right corner of the yard. Every time we went to Home Depot we would get about $20 worth of sod pieces. We'd throw them down and wait until the next time we went to our beloved home improvement store and pick up some more. Although Home Depot is our second home, at the rate that we were going, covering the whole backyard with grass was going to take the rest of the year. Until Sean muttered the words I've been waiting to hear... "I'm buying a pallet!"

Hallelujah!

Now after hauling it home and throwing it down, we have some ground cover! Woohoo!


As you can see in the bottom corner of the picture above, the pallet ran out before the yard was finished. No worries though, it'll be done in no time. I'm so excited for the dogs to have somewhere nice to play.


As you can see in the back corner of the yard (our house sits on a diagonal), we left it open to put some landscaping. We figured the less grass, the less we have to maintain and mow. You can also see some pilings that we stuck in the ground a while ago that we were going to drape the rope (hanging on the fence) across to add to our beach look that we were going for, but I think we've strayed away from that idea.


I can't wait to finish the grass and landscaping and have our little oasis be complete. Moving from my parent's beautiful backyard to a dirt pit was a bit of a bummer. We've held so many wonderful and memorable parties in their space; it excites me to design and implement our backyard plan so we can share memories with our loved ones too :)  we're a very long way from the picturesque mature landscaping they have, but you've got to start somewhere, right?!

Check out their beautiful backyard paradise:

 


This is what makes me miss home. Good thing I only live 3 minutes away! Seeing the cute little flowers in the picture above makes me excited for spring. Now if Mother Nature would realize that spring has sprung...

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend! I'll be at another fabulous wedding celebrating with family and friends; see you next week folks!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment