Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goin' Commando!

Not me. The house. Last night my mom and I went to Publix and I picked up a Command Strip to hang my beloved holiday wreath. I love these things; they're so simple to use and they work great. Although, if you recall from Christmas, our wreath on the front door didn't work out to well.... but, that was my fault. 

On the back of the packaging, it clearly tells you to use rubbing alcohol to clean the surface before sticking the Command Strip on. I did not do that. My stubborn self thought that using Windex would be juuuust fine. The only thing that I didn't pay attention to was the fact that it puts a film on the glass that doesn't allow the strip to get a good stick. Hanging the Christmas wreath and watching it fall every time I stuck it back on was definitely discouraging, so it definitely goes to show you that the directions are useful. Who knew?!? But alas, I did not have rubbing alcohol... go figure. I did have Witch Hazel though, which is 14% alcohol, so I figured, what the heck... why not. 

Step 1: Clean the glass (with booze rubbing alcohol)
Step 2: Put the sticky on the strip
Step 3: Press to glass for ten seconds
Step 4: Leave it for an hour


Oh the wait.... That was another step I failed to follow last time. I just wanted my wreath on the dang door. This time I was patient, however. I started by hanging the wreath on the hook and holding it up to see where it looked best. As you can see, this is where the hook is stuck. 

An hour later and it was time to put the cherry on top wreath on the door. 



And it worked! Now the whole neighborhood knows we're ready for St. Patty's Day! I also got a wonderful surprise from the hubby when I came back from our awesome weekend in Orlando; outside lighting! He was able to wire up half of our landscaping yesterday. Hopefully the rest will be done within the week. Here's how it looks at night! I love the lighted pathway and palms :)


That's all for now folks! In the meantime, I'll be outside staring at my beautiful house :)

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment