Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Howdy! I'm back with a really easy meal deal that provides the perfect amount for two people. When I moved in with Sean, one of the biggest challenges I had was learning how to cook for two; I always made waaayyy too much. Since Sean and I aren't the best at eating left overs, I had to learn to change my ways. This is one dish that I don't have to put much thought into that produces a good amount for these two newlyweds.

To start, get out a 9x13 dish and preheat your oven to 350*


Then, take two chicken breasts and cut them in half and line them down the center of the dish. You can recall back here where I bought this chicken, marinated it and froze it. It's nice to defrost the chicken and just throw it in already prepared. Love it.


Now you're going to throw a stick of butter in the microwave and melt it, you'll use this in a little bit. In the meantime, open a can of new potatoes. You can buy the pre-sliced taters or the whole ones, I bought the whole potatoes and quartered/halved them, depending on their size. I like doing this because the pre-sliced new potatoes are pretty small. Throw them next to the chicken when you're done chopping.


After that, open up a can of green beans. I used french green beans because Sean likes them better. You can put whatever green vegetable you want over here, broccoli, asparagus, etc. When they are spread out, throw some seasonings on top of your vegetables and chicken. I used ranch seasoning, garlic and red pepper flakes for some spice :) 

Then, since your butter should be all melted by now, shake in some Worcestershire Sauce (this is optional, but it adds some good flavor) and mix. This was the color of my butter mixture after I was done with this step; I didn't add too much, just enough to add some tangy saltiness to taste.


All that's left to do is pour your buttery mixture all over! Doesn't it look scrumptious?  



Cover the dish with foil and throw in the oven for one hour. Set it annnd forget it! Remember that infomercial? 

While this was cooking, I was busy in the spare room doing an overhaul to the closet... I'm throwing anything out that I haven't worn in the past year (which is reeeeally hard!). Why do we grow attached to clothing? Or is it just me? The really nice stuff I'm taking to Plato's Closet in hopes to make a buck, the rest is being donated to the Salvation Army. Bye-bye clutter! 

Anyhoo, after an hour, it's all done! Take the foil off to unveil your food and smell the lovely aromas. Mmmm I love this meal. So easy to prep and there's hardly any dishes to wash (score!). Serve it up and enjoy!



The cool thing about this meal is that you can make it work for the size of your family. Sean and I could be satisfied with one chicken breast, but I cooked two anyway... So, one chicken breast, one can of potatoes and one can of green beans could do it for two people. Have some kids? Throw in some extra chicken and veggies! Don't like green beans? Put in some other vegetable. It's easy, just make what you want :) 

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment