Friday, February 8, 2013

KISS


Not much went on this week that's worthy of writing about. I'm hoping that this weekend productivity levels are raised and some stuff gets done around the Dockerty household. Cleaning goes without saying, but I'm hoping to revamp these nightstands that I got for a whopping $5 a piece!



When I was growing up, my parents taught me to live by the motto KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid! In keeping with that motto, my goal is to only involve two steps in this revamp: degrease and paint. The degreasing step gets all the crap off the laminate and prepares the surface for paint. And, because I’m the world’s most horrible painter, I will be using spray paint to cover up the cheap wood look that the nightstands currently posses. That…is the goal. Whether or not that goal gets accomplished, or even done correctly (and looks good), remains to be a mystery. I’m hoping that this simple paint job is all that it takes to take these puppies from drab, to fab :)

Wish me luck and have a great weekend!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment