Thursday, February 14, 2013

Unromantic Valentine's Day Gifts

Happy Heart Day to all you lovers out there! Tonight my boy-toy and I have plans to go on a double date with our friends Ricky and Nicole to Rumba Island Bar & Grill, a local restaurant that specializes in authentic island cuisine. Sounds superb to me! I'm so excited because I don't have to cook and deal with dishes. Last year I made one of Sean's favorite meals, steak, sweet potato and spinach salad. And, because I knew it was his favorite and I knew he would love it, my luck would have it that he would be three hours late for dinner because of his stupid job... So, I had to reheat the meal in the microwave causing the sweet potato to go mushy and the beautiful rib-eye to become as tough as shoe leather. Thanks Bright House.

So, since Sean got a new truck and we're in the stages of spoiling it making it more functional for his businesses, I thought I'd add to the functionality of the big beast by getting new speakers for it! Ok, so it wont help pull a trailer or aid in any of his work, but I'm still excited for Sean to open them up! Who doesn't like some good loud music? When we were driving the truck home after buying it, we rolled the windows down (all four of them!) and blasted the music and, unfortunately, our ears received the wretched sound of what seemed to be blown speakers. Dangit. The fact that he can't blast his music is all the more reason for me to be 100% positive that he'll love this Valentine's Day gift. Bazinga!

I gotta hand it to myself, I've been doing good with the gift giving lately. I'm pretty proud. I also got him some board shorts because he lives in them and the ones he currently has are kinda trashed from working in them so much. He even proposed to me in board shorts.



Ok, ok... so we were on an island... he still wears them everywhere we go. and I mean everywhere.

I may not have gotten him the most romantic gits... but function is better than thoughtfulness sometimes. Especially when it comes to dudes! What dude wants a romantic gift anyway? Getting him things that he needs shows much more love and appreciation, I think. V-day isn't just about giving/getting gifts, though. It's about showing that person that you care, and, because I'm vain, I care that he looks good in his new shorts while getting into his truck with some bangin' speakers. So there you go, happy heart day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating the love that you have with that special someone. and if you don't have someone special, then I hope you have a fun time loving on your cuddly pet... and if you don't have a cuddly pet, then hug a pillow or something. there's gotta be something near you that needs some lovin'... As for me, I'll be huggin' on that cutie pie husband of mine. Even after these crazy five years, those eyes and that smile are enough to still make me all gooey inside :)



Bye bye love birds!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment