Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chef Boyardee

Last night my Italian lover Giovanni Michelino (that's Sean Michael in Italian, I looked it up) offered to cook me dinner! So, I immediately jumped at the chance to sit and watch this train wreck masterpiece happen. And not to bash him (or burst his bubble, because believe me, it was huge last night), but all he really did was heat everything up... We're blessed with family that looooves to give us food. Apparently they all feel sorry for Sean so they feel the need to dish out their left overs; that way they have the peace of mind knowing that he's still getting fed... Trust me family, he eats.

Getting back to supper, he wanted to cook me an Italian feast. He had me pick up some Cavatellis at the store; to me (not of Italian decent), Cavatellis are little hot dog bun looking pieces of pasta, nothing special. To him, they're amazing and they're a treat (as if different types of pasta taste any different?). I don't get the whole debate on pasta... I literally watched his family argue over what kind of pasta they wanted for dinner one night. Isn't it just a floury substance with some tomato sauce thrown on top? Not to them... Anyhoo, these are Cavatellis:

He started by boiling the pasta and heating up the sauce. Then, after the meat mixture for the meatballs was all defrosted, he balled them up and fried them. It's the best way to eat meatballs; it's sooo good! After you're done frying them they end up looking like little patties, so I guess the term meatball isn't all that correct. And I have to point out the way he went about frying them...



Who fries any sort of meat with no shirt on?!?!? The boy has got a few screws loose somewhere. He even fries bacon without a shirt. That's just asking for it...



Once the meatballs were all cooked, the sauce was all heated up, the pasta was boiled and the garlic bread sticks were baked, it was time to get our grub on! Check it out:


Not too shabby! And just because I absolutely loved not having to do anything in the kitchen, I made him do the dishes too. I'll probably have to rewash them today but last night it made me happy not having to worry about washing them. So, that was my Monday night off. Tonight I already have dinner planned out (which I'll post about tomorrow); it's the easiest meal one could cook!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment