Monday, January 7, 2013

Bragging rights...

Last week I went to Sams Club in hopes to spend less on more. I did exactly that. The deals that they have in the meat section are awesome! Here's what I got:
8 Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs $15.00
12 fillets of Tilapia $15.00
3 amazing looking Rib Eye Steaks $30.00
8 Chicken Breasts $9.00
10lbs Ground Turkey $10.00
I also got a box of freezer bags to store all of this meaty goodness. I marinated the steaks, ribs, and chicken breasts with seasonings that I had on hand and split everything up in to meal size quantities before freezing it (two chicken breasts, one steak, two ribs, and two fillets of fish per bag), I also split up the ground turkey (2½lbs per bag).
To sum it all up, total money spent was $79.
I was able to get 21 meals out of all that meat, which comes to $3.76 per meal.
Say whaaaaaaa?!?!?
I win :)
Last night I pulled out some fish and set it in the fridge to defrost. I think I’ll serve it with a salad and some new potatoes tonight… we’ll see. Until then, be jealous of the money that I didn’t spend on my dinner hehehe ;)
-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment