Friday, January 4, 2013

Super Simple Soup

In keeping with my goal to cook more and eat healthier, I immediately got to work in the kitchen… I decided to make a super simple soup that takes only minutes to throw together. I’m all about easy meals, and this is just that.
Taco Soup. Yum :)
Pretty much all of the ingredients are canned items. 
Here’s the list:
1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 can of Sweet Corn (drained)
1 can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of Red Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of Cream of Chicken
1 can of Enchilada Sauce (mild or medium)
1 can of Chicken Broth 
(I used about a cup of what I had left of a box)
1 box of Precooked Chicken 
(I used the Southwest kind, it adds extra flavor.) 

1 packet of taco seasoning
I decided to add a little flavor and crunch by sautĂ©ing some onions in some olive oil first. This step, of course, is optional but, I’m a big fan of onion, so I threw some in :)

After you gather all of your ingredients, you literally toss it in the pot and let it simmer.


I found a little bit of salsa in the fridge so I added that in.

After about an hour or two of letting all of the flavors mesh together, it’s ready to eat! I served mine with some sour cream and cheese. I also made some corn bread to have on the side; it was the perfect winter meal!
Enjoy :)
-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment