Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year. New Me.

Along with the New Year comes those silly resolutions that everyone promises hopes to keep throughout the year. I’ve never been a big resolution person, but with the changes that 2012 brought, I’m going to start…..stop rolling your eyes.
2012 brought me major change. I made our house a home, I became a wife, and I gained loving family and friends. I definitely left out a bunch of other important stuff, but besides all of those things, it was a monumental year.  One that I’ll always remember and cherish. And while I embarked on many new journeys, I would like to become a better person for not only myself, but for my husband (that’s still weird to say), my family and my friends. I want to be a person that inspires, that creates, that people look to when they need help, a person to talk to, a person that cares and is cared for in return. So, I decided to get cheesy and create an acronym using my name of things that I’d like to do or improve upon.
Cook more. I want to make good meals for me and El Hubbo. Stuff that he likes loves and that I like as well. I want us to be healthier. I want to work on bringing us back to the simpler things in life, like eating at the dang dinner table.
Appreciate life. There are so many beautiful things and people in my life and I want to take the time to be grateful for them. So many times we take life for granted; I want to live it up and not worry about the small petty things.
Learn to like exercising. Ha. I ran yesterday and I felt like I was going to puke… but I want it to become easy and normal. I want to get home from work and not feel sluggish. I want to want to run. Or do yoga. Or anything that involves moving. I need to get off my ass. That’s it. I need to move. No excuses.
I want to go places. I want to travel. I want to see new places and experience new things. With the ones I love. Lets gooooo! Join me :)
I want to live it up in 2013. As important as last year was (getting married and such), I want this year to be just as exciting and meaningful. I want to be a good wife, friend, daughter [in-law], and I want to be me. I want to be true to myself. I also want to discover who I am at the same time. It should be interesting… which is why I started this blog. I want to document my life as I transform from a girl to a woman. A wife. An adventurer. A lunatic. That loves life :)

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment