Friday, January 25, 2013

Bedroom Talk


Well folks, it’s finally Friday! And with not too much tentatively planned this weekend, I fully intend to get down and dirty the house. Mainly in the bedroom (wink, wink). Kidding! But, not really. It's time to put Operation: Grown-Up Room in full swing!

Since we have this monstrosity of a bed built, it’s time that we get the most important part… the mattress! We’re still sleeping on a double mattress, which pretty much defeats the point of building this fortress built for a queen:


I’m so excited to sleep like a queen, on a queen :) let the mattress shopping commence! 

Also, as soon as I clock out from work, I plan on going to get paint. After painting every square inch of our house since buying it, we've come to love Sherwin Williams paint. It goes on nice and smooth and, because it’s so thick, usually only takes one coat. Hopefully that’ll be the case in our bedroom since it is currently painted the color of some sort of horrible mustard… Here are some inspiration rooms that I love:


 


For colors, I want anything in the greige family. Our house is pretty neutral; most rooms are either gray, beige, or a derivative of those colors. So, I’m sticking to that scheme. I’d also like to paint the bed frame white, or maybe an off white… who knows.

Hopefully next week I’ll be back with some major changes. Although, I’m sure something will come up… Sean wants to work on a project trailer and I have to sit and barter with people at a garage sale for a few hours, but, other than that, we have time to devote to our bedroom. Hopefully I can convince El Hubbo to participate in the madness as we take our mustardy colored bedroom and transform it to a romantic get-away. Ha! yeah right… maybe I’ll convince him with a twelve pack.

-C Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment