Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fishy business

Last night’s dinner was delish! Sean even annoyed helped me in the kitchen.
We ended up cooking the fish on the stove. I wanted to bake it but Sean suggested putting it in the frying pan. Ok husband of mine, whatever you say…
I started by getting the excess water off the fish by patting it with a paper towel. I then coated the fillet in some olive oil and proceeded to coat it in seasoned panko breadcrumbs. So good you don’t even need to season it!

I then put a small drizzle of olive oil in the pan and turned it on medium heat. I didn’t want to put too much oil in the pan in fear that it might make the breading soggy. Luckily, it didn’t. About 5-6 minutes on each side and the fillets were done!


El Hubbo whipped up one of his favorite sides, Pure Sodium Rice a Roni. Meanwhile, I threw together a tasty salad. It consisted of organic spinach, tomatoes, white onion and pepperoncinis, for a little spice.

Here’s our dinner!

I topped my salad with seasoned croutons and Olive Garden dressing (yum!!!); we also got some fresh crusty bread from Carrabbas; gotta love having a sister-in-law that works there! Until next time, bon appetit!
-C Doc

1 comment: