Thursday, October 11, 2012

Randomness and snot...

No domesticated bliss in this post, just some bragging, complaining and some request for prayers. Sounds depressing already, geez…
Let’s start with gramma. My Nana fell (again) and didn’t break anything! How she has managed to fall all of these times and not break one single bone is beyond me. And while she does seem to hurt herself each time (or so we think), I’m beginning to think that she actually likes rides in ambulances and hospital food. A little change of scenery is nice every once in a while, I guess. Every single time I visit her in the hospital she always seems to be in high spirits and loves the company and always compliments the food. I’m on to that woman… and I think she knows it… and while I would love to go see her in her home away from home, I’ve been crazy sick this past week. Sore throat, achy and super snotty, in both the attitude and nasal department. Sorry Sean! This was actually the text I sent him yesterday:
Stumpy = Sean hehehe

The amount of tissues I used yesterday was into the hundreds I think… my nose was like a faucet, and a free flowing one at that. But enough about snot, I seem to be getting better and hopefully my Nana is too. So, that’s where the prayers will come in handy, thanks peeps!
Now for the bragging portion… my fiancé is a pretty awesome and talented dude, and even more so since buying the company. He now has a ton of extra time on his hands, which makes for happy puppies, a happy girl and a happy house! Check out what I came home to on Monday!

Yeah buddy! We haven’t had a backsplash in our kitchen since about the first week we bought the house almost three years ago (crazy how time has flown by). My new obsession is Subway tile and after pricing it out at a big tile store, we later found it for half the price at Home Depot! Score! We found the cool looking listello accent tile (which is actually real metal!) at Lowes. Super cool and we both love it. Once we get the big part of the kitchen done, we’ll grout it and be done! I told Sean that stainless steel appliances would look awesome in our kitchen since the whites in the tile and appliances dont exactly match up, he just rolled his eyes and walked away, which is pretty typical of him when the lightbulb above my head goes off... Oh well! Stick around for more pics when it’s all finished J
Also, once again, we have an exciting weekend planned, yippee! Saturday we’re headed to Inverness to check out the races at Citrus Motor Speedway which should be a good time, and Sunday we’re headed to our property! I’m so excited; we just signed the papers for it a few weeks ago with our friends Mike and Nick. We have three acres of land in River Ranch. The awesome thing about it is that we technically own three acres, but we have access to over 60,000 to ride four wheelers, drive trucks and roam around the beautiful untouched land of Florida! See y’all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment