Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nood Chicks

Caught your attention with that title, didn’t I? While you all should know by now that my spelling isn’t that bad, you should also know that there aren’t any “nude chicks” in this post, just some chicken… and some noodles. Sowwy! Get ready for a long post folks, annnnd go!
While driving to my parent’s house for breakfast on Sunday, we ran across this gem sitting on the side of the road just begging to be taken. So, we did just that.

We cooked a boat load of food on it that afternoon. We tried to smoke everything, but ended up charring most of it hahaha; this is what we ended up with! Under all of the burnt looking stuff was some really good meat, the chicken being my favorite!

Since we had some chicken left over, I decided to make some chicken and noodles! I started with the rest of the chicken that I stuffed with a purple onion for some extra flavor; it smelled so good while cooking!

To make the broth, I put the chicken in a pot full of water (enough to almost cover it) and seasoned the snot out of it since I didn’t have any bouillon cubes. Next step, boil! I rotated the chicken in the water every-now-and-then just to get it all flavored and moist.
 Check out that backsplash! Whoooo it looks good!

After about an hour later, I took the chicken out and busted out my homemade noodles from this post!

I had to untangle this brain looking glob of noodles, which was equivalent to untangling your hair after driving with your windows down going 80mph on the highway. I know some of you girls can relate.  After that was all done, I plopped the noodles in the stock that I made to let them get a head start on cooking. There was still some flour stuck to the noodles which tends to thickens the stock; depending on your preference, you can add more broth if you’d like it to be more soupy, otherwise it will thicken into a gravy.

While that was cooking away, it was chicken pickin’ time! I tried to pick all that I could off of the carcass. We even broke the wishbone, and I totally lost… Dangit!

After picking all of the meat off, I threw it in with the noodles. I let that cook on a medium high heat to let the broth thicken a little more and get all of the flavors to blend. After about 10 minutes of that, I served it up!

It was the perfect meal for a fall night! Bonus: Sean loved it! Whoop whoop! I’m loving this fall weather; I’m thinking chili might be in our near future, yum J Oh and the best part? It made enough to have left overs!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment