Monday, October 22, 2012

Cocoa or bust!

What an amazing weekend! Wonderful times were had, awesome gifts were given, dormant muscles were used (I’m so sore) and many laughs were expressed. I would show you a bunch of photos, but I don’t have any! L Sarah has them all and is compiling all of the hilarity into a video which should be a funny recap of our trip. I’m hoping I’ll be able to upload it to the blog so I could show you what an amazing time we had.
We started out Friday at my house where we exchanged some cute gifts. I gave the girls monogrammed towels (in hopes of showing my appreciation for them coming on the trip, I seriously valued everyone that went and those that had planned to go) and they had some super cute pink jackets made for all of us to wear, which definitely came in handy since it got so cool this weekend!
After packing the cars, we were off on our adventure. The first stop was about 10 minutes away when we stopped for dinner at Chic-Fil-A; what a good start, right?!? After dinner, we were back in the car with some old school tunes on, TLC, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and so many more.
Having no idea where we were going on the trip, I was soon wondering where the destination was after we zipped right through Orlando; Daytona or Cocoa… Hmm… the answer soon became clear when we took the exit for Port Canaveral that we were headed to the one and only Cocoa Beach!!! I haven’t been there since I was in high school, I was so excited!

We got into our rooms at the Wakulla Suites and decided to take a walk on the beach to look for hatching sea turtles. After finding that there weren’t any nests nearby, we took some silly pictures and went back into the rooms to hit the sack since we had an early morning activity J  The next morning we lazily dragged our tired butts out of bed, shoved some Pop Tarts in our mouth, and we were off walking to our activity. One of my favorite parts of the whole trip was the fact that we walked everywhere we went. The weather was amazing so walking was actually really enjoyable! After getting a tad bit lost, we ended up at the Ron Jon Surf School!!! We went over all of the techniques on the beach with our awesome instructors Patrick and Larry, and before we knew it, it was time to catch some waves! We all caught at least one wave, had some major crashes, ingested and inhaled a lot of salt water, and got giddy whenever Patrick (Patty Cakes) helped us out haha, what a cutie patootie!
We then ate some lunch at Tropical Smoothie, where we ran into Patrick. Coincidence? Nope! We totally stalked his cute self (plus I really love Tropical Smoothie).  We got talking about things to do locally and even got his phone number! Which pretty much turned into us texting/flirting with him for the rest of the day and night, ha! And we found him on Facebook... We're such creepers...

After chowing down on some lunch (and chatting it up with Mr. Super-Hot-Surf Instructor) we headed to the beach to burn tan and relax. Side note: never trust Sarah to put on your sunscreen, you’ll find out why in the video… Anyhoo, after that, Megan, Sarah and I snuck off to the pool with the GoPro and took some videos of… nothing really, just us being goof balls. Then, it was off to the showers to get ready for dinner and shopping. We went to Cocoa Beach Surf Company and found a restaurant inside and decided to eat there. The Shark Pit was really good! We had some tasty food and some not so tasty shots haha, they were supposed to taste like candy corn, but I don’t think any of us tasted the slightest bit of our favorite Halloween treat…  but thanks anyway Brittany! We all appreciated the slight buzz from the sugary booze J
We then decided to bring out our competitive side and take part in the scavenger hunt that Jes created. I’m a big lover of scavenger hunts so I was very excited to see that there was one planned! We were all teamed up (I was with Briana J) and the game was on. We actually completed most of the tasks at Ron Jon since the store was so huge, and being girls, we definitely shopped in between!

Later we went back to the hotel, after our jaunt around town, to see who won. It was judged based on creativeness and humorousness, both of which were very apparent in the pictures and purchases.  I am proud to say that Briana and I won! I think it was our trip into the men’s bathroom to take a picture next to a urinal that truly showed our dedication and devoted desire to win. Once we were declared the winners we began to play another game, Who Knows the Bride the Best. We actually had a tie! It was between Kelly and Megan (Megan had some really good and hilarious answers) so in order to break the tie and come out with a winner, we had an impromptu interpretive dance off… to the Circle of Life song from the Lion King!

It was amazeballs. I would tell you that the dance will be on the video, but some tops came off…. Hahaha extra points for tatas! Kelly ended up winning due to her awesome jumps that reminded me of Stewart off of Mad TV. 



After laughing until we cried, we just hung out in the room, took some more silly pictures and called it a night. We were whooped from our excursions throughout the day and needed some rest. We got up the next day and hit the nearest McDonalds for some healthy breakfast and we were back on the road.
I had such an amazing time with my favorite girls. Big thanks to Jes for planning such an awesome trip, and a huge thanks to all the girls that went, and an even bigger sad face for all the girls that planned to go but couldn’t make it L  you were missed! An awesome trip was had by all; I totally would not be opposed to making this a yearly expedition, and I think all the girls would agree J
Oh, and I got this text on Saturday…

What a cute little lover boy I have, he even threw up the T. Swift heart with his hands. Atta boy  J

No comments:

Post a Comment