Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Greek Balloaves (huh?)

I actually found time to cook last night! Although Sean was busy outside doing some projects, and I was running around getting stuff done for the wedding, I thought I’d whip something up for dinner while watching the RHONJ Reunion. I love brain numbing stupid shows… and it was just that.
Let’s start out with the fact that I. Love. Greek. Food. I’m obsessed. I’m a sucker for a good gyro, tzatziki, and feta, oh man… don’t even get me started. So, I mixed some simple ingredients together to make what were either jumbo meatballs, or super small meatloaves… I’m not entirely sure. But they were delish! Even though I totally forgot tzatziki at the store to have with it, dangit!
The main ingredients, and pretty much only ingredients, were:
1-1.5lbs of ground turkey
1 bag of spinach
1 container of feta (I totally failed to see how much it was exactly, maybe 8 oz?)
Spices (I used garlic and Montreal Steak seasoning)
I started out by throwing the whole bag of spinach in a microwave safe bowl and nuking it for a few minutes to make it wilt. Once that step was done, I just threw everything else in the bowl and mixed it all together! I tried mixing it with a fork… and then a spoon… until I soon found that mixing it with my hands was not only gross feeling, but the best option for getting it all blended.
After all of the ingredients were combined, I rolled them into ball/loaf things and plopped them on a non-stick pan. I then put them in the oven at 350* for about 30-35 minutes.

After I saw that the juices were running clear, I took them out of the oven. I served my Greek Balloaves (technical term) with spicy yellow rice, the only thing missing was tzatziki sauce (sad face!). Next time… count on it.

Enjoy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment