Tuesday, October 16, 2012

No time to be domestic...

After looking at my blog, I’ve realized that I’m starting to stray away from my domestic journey. We’ve been so busy recently that I haven’t gotten a chance to do much in the kitchen or around the house. Which is probably why it’s such a mess… the kitchen is still torn apart due to putting up the backsplash (we still have yet to grout), I still have some stuff to put away from the bridal shower but I don’t have any room in our tiny kitchen, the wedding is coming up super fast and I have a ton of little stuff to do, and there are tumbleweeds of dog hair drifting across our floors. I swear we have two of the hairiest dogs on the planet, but we love them to pieces!


Anyhoo, we had a fun filled weekend (which is my excuse for why we have such a messy house) that I would love to recap for you! Saturday we went up to the Citrus County Speedway to watch the races with Phil’s family, we had some fun with his silly little nieces J


Then Sunday we got up super early, enjoyed some homemade biscuits and gravy, and then we were off to River Ranch to check out the property! Here are some pictures of what we got ourselves into:




Beautiful! The land goes on forever, as in we rode for 20 miles and still didn’t see half of it. Crazy! It was a fun day (except for getting completely lost and dehydrated) but we got to see what River Ranch was all about.
I forgot to mention the pain in the butt mishap that we had with deal with… We stopped to get some grub at Wendy’s Saturday night before the race and when we went to leave, we didn’t move. Phil’s truck was in drive, but it most certainly wasn’t driving! From there on out, every time that Phil had to put his truck in drive, Sean had to literally get under the truck and move the transmission cable and click it into drive... I secretly think he just likes taking off his shirt, besides the fact that he was one of the only ones that could fit under the truck and actually knew how to do it haha. Either way, we were still able to press on with our adventure.

We all had a great time and we’re so excited for future trips to RR. This week Sean and I are going to focus on getting the house all cleaned up and “normal” again, all while preparing for our awesome weekend ahead! This will be our motto next weekend:

Yessss J

No comments:

Post a Comment