Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Finishing Touch

When I started the bedroom makeover, I thought I would incorporate some fun and bright colors to liven it up a bit. But, I was soon reminded that our goal for the bedroom was to have a nice grown-up space that we could lounge in and feel like, well, adults! 

I really like the direction that our room took. It's very relaxing and serene. It's mature. It fits in with the rest of the house, and, quite frankly, I love it. But, one thing needed to change... 

The rug.

I got a really good deal on the rug that was already in the bedroom; $15 is a steal even if the rug isn't the best quality. I liked it, and the dogs did too!

I love these faces :)
But it wasn't right for the space anymore... Luckily I had the perfect place to put it; the laundry room! It's perfect because it catches all of the dirt that comes in from the garage and side yard and it doesn't have a backing to it so when it gets dirty, we can just throw it in the washer! Fantastic.


The price of rugs is pretty absurd. I can't fathom spending $180 for a 5x7 rug. Especially since all you're going to do is rub your grubby feet all over it. So, I spent $35 on a simple, neutral and durable rug from Wal-Mart. Gotta love Wally World!


It fits in the room perfectly, has a nice texture and is a nice color that blends with everything else. Mission: Accomplished.




While it's got some settling to do, it laid out pretty nicely and finishes off the room perfectly. I love the smell of fresh new carpet :)  the dogs like it too, we had a little pow-wow on it last night before we went to bed which consisted of a lot of nose rubbing, rolling, back scratching and snuggling. The perfect ending to a manic Monday!

-C Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment