Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Salivating Salisbury!

Hey all! Hope you had a fantastic weekend, we definitely did! My man went fishing with a friend and my uncle on Saturday and caught five mackerel (yummm) and we cooked it on Sunday with some friends.


We also had bratwursts and chopped up onions and green peppers along with Sean's favorite, new potatoes! We got a little overzealous with the green pepper/onion/new potato mix and had a ton left over. It was super simple; throw it all in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, dump some spices on it and bake at 350* for about 30-40 minutes. Perfection!


In an effort to not let anything go to waste, we ate the veggies again last night. I decided to make some Salisbury steak to go along with it. The green peppers and onions tasted great in the gravy! Here is the recipe I came up with that was deelish!


One pound of ground beef
One egg (beaten)
Bread Crumbs
Worcestershire Sauce
One can of beef gravy

Notice I said you needed bread crumbs and I had croutons pictured? I thought I had bread crumbs at home, but it turns out that I didn't... Fail. Luckily, Sam's Club sells ginormous bags of croutons so I crunched some of those up. I did about 1/4 cup. Use whatchya got!


Once that was all crunched up, I beat the egg in a bowl, poured in three tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce, threw in the "bread crumbs" and mixed in the meat. I mixed it with my hands and it felt gross, but I really think that's the best way to do it... Once all of the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the meat, slap them into little patties.


I let mine sit in the fridge for a little while to let all of the flavors mesh together. After about a half hour, I fired up the stove to a medium high heat, poured in some olive oil and browned the patties on both sides.


After both sides are all browned up, take out the patties and drain the grease. Place the patties back in the pan and pour in the can of gravy and about two tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce (the star of this recipe). Put the lid on the pan and bring to a boil; this only takes about two minutes.


Return it back to a low heat and let it simmer for about ten more minutes. After that, dinner is served! I rolled up some crescent rolls to have along with our meal. They also tasted great dipped in the gravy :)


The meat and gravy had wonderful flavor and I believe it had everything to do with the Worcestershire Sauce! I love that tang and spice that it has. We use it on our steaks all the time; it adds the perfect flavor to red meat.

That's all for now! I'm hoping to be back later this week with some updates that we did to the office, in the meantime, we'll be running irrigation to our lovely landscaping in the backyard!

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment