Monday, June 3, 2013

'merica

I'm baaaaaack! Did ya miss me?

I haven't posted on here lately because I've been busy... ah, who am I kidding, I'm lazy. My DIY list is running slim since our house is, dare I say it, pretty much complete! Plus, to be quite frank, I'm running out of wall space and room in the house for cute stuff. Which is a total bummer. We need to move so I can start over. Haha, kidding not really.

On the cooking side of things, I haven't really been documenting anything. I tried some great new recipes, however! Trix Krispies (which were a huge hit), Cheesy Ranch Burger Bites (also very tasty! especially with hot sauce), Fiesta Dip (yummy!) and Taco Roll-ups (gone in 60-seconds). I definitely recommend all of these recipes; special thanks to Pinterest for existing and allowing me to find all of these tasty concoctions :)

Back to the decorating side of things. There is one thing I'm still able to design.... my changable wreath! As you remember, the last time I decorated it I stuck a bunch of brightly colored flowers in honor of it being spring, the time before that I shoved a bunch of greenery in my twiggy wreath in honor of St. Patty's Day. Now, since we're fully engulfed in a hot and sweaty summer, it's only right that I change it out again!

Two important holidays take place during these summer months, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. What's better than an Americana wreath?! Super cute, sorta vintage/rustic looking and it represents the best country in the world, the good ole U.S. of A. Since we're on the subject of the U.S.A. it's only right that we talk about stripping....

The wreath that is.



After my naked wreath was all prepared, I then prepped the flowers and doodads that I planned to use.



Total Cost: $15.00. Everything American-esque was 50% off after Memorial Day and most of the floral items were 50% off as well. Whoop whoop!

After careful placement, here is what I created:



Even though it's hard to see the details in the wreath from the road, and most of our friends and family enter our house through the garage door, I know our mailman has to appreciate the cuteness. At least I hope he does.... Heck, he's probably hightailing it away from our house most of the time since our dogs completely despise him. What is it with dogs and mailmen anyway?

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment