Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Sean and I are so lucky and blessed to have two of the coolest sets of parents around. Both parental units have been married for over 30 years, which is hard to come by these days. While I was on a blogging hiatus for Mother's Day, I'm here to dish about our dear ol' dads. Because, let's be honest, they're pretty cool dudes.

We had a cookout on Saturday for Sean's dad, John. And, because he is a lover of everything sweet, I made these guys:


So much better! More chocolate, more happiness.


As for my dad, Sean and I cooked a mean breakfast. I made these awesome baked eggs in bread bowls while Sean cooked two pounds of bacon with no shirt on... he's not the brightest crayon in the box. I also set up a Bloody Mary Bar, one of my dad's favorite drinks!

Major blogging fail: I didn't get a picture.

All in all, it was a great weekend. A lot of good times were had and a lot of good food was eaten. I'd say that's a success.

And, last but not least, to my dear husband Sean:


Although you are a great father to our fur-kids, Lord knows we are not ready for a tiny human. Cheers to not being a father....  yet.

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment