Friday, June 21, 2013

Oooh summah summah time!

Although it’s hotter than Hades outside, today is officially the first day of Summer! Yippee! Time for heat strokes, dehydration, sunburns, sweating, tanning, boating, fishing, swimming, and parties! Bring it on.
This is probably my favorite time of year. Yeah. It’s freaking hot. But that’s what swimming pools, ocean swims and cool drinks are for, right?! Sean and I have already prepared for this summer by shipping out the old and welcoming the new (to us). We got rid of our 16’ Carolina Skiff flats boat and bought my uncle’s 20’ Mako bay boat. It’s been in my family since I was two years old and I practically grew up on it. It’s the reason I have such a huge love for fishing, boating and the “salt life” in general. I have a lot of memories and fishing lies stories that stem from that boat, and now, it’s all ours  :) 
One of the first things that Sean and I bought for the boat was a marine bean bag. Soooo awesome! Whenever Sean has spare time this is where he spends it: 
Yep, right in the driveway. No shame in that boy's game.
Moving on, let’s talk about the most important “B’s” of the season:
Beaches
Boats
Bikinis
Barbecues
Booze
That's what it's all about folks. As many of you know, I’m not a big drinker. But as time goes on, I’m finding more and more that I like. What do I like, you ask? Pretty much anything that’s sweet. Haha! I still haven’t found a beer I can remotely stand…  So, in honor of my love for everything fruity-tooty, here are some things that I’m excited to make this summer:




And, if I'm feeling lazy, my favorite fallback that doesn't require prepping,


An ice cold bottle of Woodchuck Cider. Yummm :)

Our summer plans pretty much consist of going out on the boat and chillin' at our favorite spot, the John's Pass Sandbar! It's perfect because there is cool water to sit in, it's close to home, we have a bunch of friends that we meet out there and it's shallow enough for the dogs to hang out with us too!


Lucky for us, it's summertime here about ten months out of the year, so we'll be doing this routine for a while! Bring on the boat trips, cool pools, fruity drinks and good times; it's summah time y'all!

-C Doc

1 comment: