Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September Showers!

What a great weekend! I started off Saturday by getting a much needed mani and pedi and then got ready for my bridal shower! I can’t believe we are finally at that point of where the parties start, the invites get sent and the planning comes to an end, where did the time go?!?
My wonderful sister-in-law-to-be, Erin made me feel so special (you can find her blog here, she has some great recipes!). She planned and carried out my bridal shower at her lovely home on the inner coastal. It was adorable! The theme was nautical, and boy did I blend right in! I wore a new dress that I got from Hollister and an anchor necklace, complete with shorts on under my dress (because I don’t trust myself in short skirts/dresses, haha!). Here I am with my friend Bri! You can check out her blog here :)

Here is the invite that my lovely ladies received. Uhhhh-dorable!


Let’s start with the food. Oh. Man. It was amazing! My other lovely sister-in-law-to-be, Megan, was able to get some fabulous food from her work, Carrabbas! We had Italian Salad, Chicken Brian, and pasta with Pomodoro sauce, yummy! My friends also pitched in and made some delicious apps too. Nobody left hungry, that’s for sure.


One of my favorite things about the shower was that the theme was carried throughout everything! From table décor to take-away gifts it was all theme oriented; loved it!



The gifts that everyone received were these awesome totes that Erin had made for each guest. The screen print had an anchor with a piece of rope and a saying that went a lil somethin’ like this, “If love were water, I’d give you the sea.” How cute is that?!?




Now for the gifts that I received… I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. I literally got a boat load of gifts!


As I said, the theme was literally carried out into almost every aspect. I got some great stuff for the house too! I spent many hours last night washing and putting away our new dishes, cookware, gadgets and utensils. Check out this cute little sign Brittany got me! It dons my soon-to-be-new-last-name, Dockerty!

The best part? Receiving a pair of Double D’s!!!!!!

Just kidding, they’re only hand towels… But I proudly showed them off! And they're already displayed in our lovely abode! J
Overall, it was a fantastic day! A lot of food was eaten, many gifts were opened, and many fish died in the making of the centerpieces… PETA hates us… Sorry fishies!

Also, big shout out to the awesome photographer, Sarah! Be sure to check out her blog where she enlightens us with her adventures and random trips. And now, I shall leave you with random pictures from the party, hope you enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment