Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That Joe sure is a sloppy one...

I’m a firm believer in using what you have. Mainly because I worked at a grocery store for over six years and I hate grocery shopping! So, in an effort to not make any unnecessary trips, I threw together dinner last night with the items left over in my fridge. On Friday, I made sloppy joes for the party (which we will not discuss, sorry!) and I ended up having a little over a pound of sloppy joe meat left. Not wanting to have sloppy joes (again) I thought I would make some sort of casserole. So here goes nothin’!
I started out by throwing the leftover meat in a pot and throwing in a can of mixed vegetables, for some extra nutrition.

After heating that for about 10-15 minutes, I then put a small pop can of Butter-Me-Not biscuits on top. I threw that in the oven for 10 minutes at 400*.


After ten minutes in the oven, I pulled it out and put half a bag of Colby Jack cheese on top and popped it in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.

Here is the end result!

Would I make it again? Probably not haha, but you live and you learn! If I were to make it again (for some weird reason), I would tweak the recipe…  I would use Buttermilk biscuits instead of the Butter-Me-Not biscuits because they didn’t exactly cook thoroughly, oops! I think that had something to do with the (insert Paula Deen voice here) "butter in the biscuit." But, because I have a loving and hungry husband to be, he was able to stomach a plate and put a smile on his face along with a very sarcastic “that was… good!” One day I’ll make something that he’ll rave about J

No comments:

Post a Comment