Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Goin' to the chapel, and we're....

Getting married in two months?!? My, oh my, how time flies… I’ve said before that planning our wedding has been the most fun I’ve ever had, and I’d be happy to say it again.  The sweet little details, the food, the decorating, it’s all a blast! And, lucky for me, planning has been a breeze. We know a lot of great people in the industry that are helping us create a beautiful wedding and very special day. We’re also doing things a tad bit different. We are not having a bridal party, crazy right? Planning this wedding has been ultimately stress free and I think this is one of the reasons why. Everyone always says how stressed they are and how they want to escape to Vegas to elope. Why? My fiancé and I are forking the bill for practically the whole wedding and we haven’t had any troubles. Maybe it’s because we know so many great people… Whatever it is, I wish I could get married every year haha! (Let the eye rolls begin).
These past couples of weeks have been very progressive as far as planning and preparation goes. We’ve nailed down an awesome menu and décor plan, I paid off my bling (Sean still has to get his ring), I had my hair trial, we scoped out the venue to distinguish exactly where everything will go, my dress is almost completely altered (along with my awesome-future-sister-in-law’s dresses) and last night I sat down with Sean’s cousin Amy and designed all of the stationary! So. Much. Fun. I’m seriously going to miss all of the creative and diy aspects. What on earth am I going to do at work once we get married?!?
Also, in about a week in a half, I’ll be celebrating with all of the beautiful women in my life at my bridal shower! I can’t thank Erin enough for doing this for me. Not having a bridal party has its downsides (Who plans what? Who pays for what?) but, the wonderful females in my life have taken it upon themselves to make sure that all of these celebrations and details are taken care of, and I couldn’t be happier and more thankful about that! Then, next month, we’ll be embarking on a mystery trip! Well, it’s a mystery to me, they all know what’s going on, but I’m in the dark! My bachelorette party weekend has all been planned by my bff Jes and all of my girls are in on it. I can’t wait to escape with these gals and have an awesome trip! They all mean so much to me and I’m so excited that they’ll be with me to celebrate! My only hope is that I pack appropriately since I have no idea what we’ll be doing or where we’re going. My other hope is that everyone gets along; you know how crazy it can get when you get 12 cackling hens together…
My next task is finding a way to properly thank these wonderful girls. They’ll never know how much all of this means to me. Sean and I are definitely blessed to have such amazing people in our lives and I only hope that one day they’ll know exactly how special they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment