Monday, June 24, 2013

Not so pretty in pink

What an awesome weekend! Saturday we got a lot done round the house. I got the floors cleaned up, the kitchen got a deep clean, the bathroom did as well, and Sean did the yard. House=overhauled. Awesome. I took this picture right as he got done with the yard:


It was perfect timing. Right as he got done, the storms started rolling in to dump insane amounts of rain on our freshly manicured lawn. I'm sure all of our plants are happy-happy-happy (Duck Dynasty shout-out!). And did you see the size of the flowers?! Every time I look out the window I can't get over how big they are. They're almost as tall as the shrubs behind them. I love it. So beautiful, colorful and cheerful. yay :)

We had a party to go to Saturday night, so we left the house during the monsoon. Cue the puddle stomping, soaked clothes and frizzy hair.

Besides that, we had a great time! It's always a good time hanging out with our friends. and eating. and drinking. and eating alcohol soaked fruit. double win! yummm :)

When the night came to an end, we headed home. Usually we enter the house through the garage, but, for some reason, we used the front door that night (weird for us). As I unlocked the door, I glanced at my wreath devoted to 'murica and saw this:


Crap.... the wind and the rain were so crazy that the dye came out of the red hydrangeas and turned the white whatever-they-ares red too.... and then, I looked down.



Shhhhiiiiii-ooooootttttt!!!! Our freaking door is red!!!!!!!!!!

Sean just stood there and gave me "the look"....

I rushed in and grabbed the Magic Eraser - my saving grace when it comes to all things dirty. It was not so magical this time, however. So, next up, bleach. I sprayed. and sprayed. and sprayed some more. A slug was killed in the process of spewing bleach everywhere. Sorry PETA. In the end, some of the color came out. But really, all I was left with was a pink door. Fantastic. Because we haven't painted the door since we installed it, it's super porous. It soaked up the dye like the Jersey Shore cast soaked up the uv-rays in the tanning bed. Oooohhhh yeahhhh, pink door, yeahhhh!!!

Dangit. Thankfully, you can't see the pinkness from the road.


Next up on the list-of-crap-to-get-done: paint the entryway.

White!

-C Doc

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! I'm so sorry to hear about the door! Did you check the internet to see if there was anything else that you could use to get the color out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No... I figured if bleach couldn't do it, there's no other concoction of chemicals that could haha. It needs to be painted anyway, guess now is a good time!

    ReplyDelete