Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gimme some more

I keep seeing all these ads, pictures and articles about how excited people are about summer. And don't get me wrong, I am too, but let's be serious.... it's freakin' hot outside. And all these crazy people can talk about is hanging out, going to bbq's and having bonfires. Um... what?!?!? Bonfires? Give me a cool pool and an ice cold beverage, thank you very much. Old Navy, with your camp commercial, why don't you wait six months to talk about camping... the thought of staying in a tent, in the wilderness sweating my bum off in some crazy scorching temperatures makes me want to cringe.

But, alas, I am not here to rant or bash anyone's ads or their summer plans. Today, I am here to talk about one of my favorite desserts, s'mores! If you're like me, when you think of s'mores, you think of roasting your marshmallow on a stick over a fire. which is so overrated.... 9 times out of 10, the chocolate never melts when you smash your roasted mallow between two grahams and a Hersey square. Am I right? So, let's get busy making them the right way, ooey gooey, messy, crumby, and super sticky. Yummm :)

I started out with typical s'more stuff, graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. Instead of buying the bars of chocolate, I bought Kisses. Who doesn't love a kiss?

Let's begin:

Step 1: Pray to 8lb baby Jesus that your graham crackers aren't completely crushed when you open the package (this is the most important step).

Step 2: If they aren't all crumbs and are in somewhat whole pieces, break them in half (I know, it seems counterproductive) and lay the halves out on a cookie sheet.

Step 3: Place a marshmallow on them.

Step 4: Put them under the broiler and make sure to keep a close eye on them!!!

Step 5: When your marshmallows get a nice Jersey-Shore-like tan, take them out and smash a Kiss in the center of the marshmallow.

Step 6: Let them cool for a little while and enjoy!


How good do these look?!


As you can see in the picture above, the Kiss may start to melt a little bit and sink further into the marshmallow. Although it looks a little wonky (like the guy on the left), it still tastes great! Melted chocolate in the middle of a warm roasted marshmallow on a toasted graham cracker. Sign. Me. Up.


The best part? I didn't have to sweat like a whore in church pig by a fire to roast each marshmallow to make them! Next time, however, I think I'm going to smash a chocolate square on top, much like a normal s'more. The Kisses are super cute, but why just have chocolate in the middle? Spread the love!


^^ This girls knows what I'm talkin' about. We want more, like, we really like it. We want some more s'mores.

-C Doc

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha this made me laugh out loud! I live in Florida too and those commercials always make me laugh. Bonfires are for like January only, get it right people!!

    Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
    Shannon Loves Design

    P.s. found you on the YHL forums!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YHL! And I totally agree with you about the fires... Who in their right mind has a fire in the summer?! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete