Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Life and times

Sean and I are in a really good place. We’re happy, healthy and goin’ with the flow. At times we can get on each other’s nerves, but lately, it’s been different. It’s been awesome. I think we’re really getting the hang of this whole marriage/business partner/roommate deal. I mean, we had a pretty easy relationship before, but still, everyone would ask us how the “married life” is. We’d always say “great!” and that not much has changed. And for the most part, it’s true. Not that much has changed since we got hitched. Granted, we’re still learning each other’s quirks. I think we will till the end of time. But lately, life has been good.
In my month long hiatus, I celebrated my 25th birthday. That’s a tough pill to swallow. I’m half way through my twenties! Where has the time gone?! Your twenties are some defining years… they’re the years in between being told what you are and actually becoming who you are and being that defined person. That’s a big deal. A big big deal.
So far I’ve graduated college, received a license in massage therapy, got a good job, got a house, made it a home, nabbed a husband, gained some friends and reluctantly lost some friends. To say it’s been one hell of a ride would be an understatement. But, these are things that are a part of my definition. These are the things that have made me the person I am today. And while I’ve got the next five years to really figure my ish out, the first five have been a whirlwind. A roller-coaster ride, if you will.
Growing up has been fun. I have a lot of awesome memories with some equally awesome people. And I will continue to make said memories with said people with a Tervis cup full of wine in my hand. Because I’m classy like that *insert hair flip* 
I’m excited for what the future holds. I’m blessed beyond belief to have an awesome husband that supports me and I’m happy that he’s my best friend. I know that nobody has my back as much as he does and I’m humbled to know that he’ll always be there for me and I’ll always be there for him.  And I’m glad to be surrounded by a good group of people. It makes life so much more appealing. I’m also glad that I get to go on vacation next Friday with these particular people. Good times are to be had, for sure. Georgia and North Carolina doesn’t know what it’s in for. This upcoming trip will definitely create some memories and I can’t wait. Perhaps it will be a “life defining” trip. After all, there will be seven of us crammed in a house together. Now that…. should be interesting. Luckily there are four bedrooms and two bathrooms to handle us.
Let the good times roll. 


-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment