Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feelin' Peachy

Well, we all made it back in one piece! The seven of us had a wonderful time in the Peachy State of Georgia and although it hasn't been set in stone, I believe we'd like to make it an annual trip! The main reason we went up there were for the fabulous Fourth of July Festivities that we'd been hearing about for years but, thanks to our dear friend, Mother Nature, every single event got cancelled due to rain.... Fantastic. No worries though, we still did everything we set out to do. Our itinerary consisted of:

Boating and tubing on Lake Burton
Zip Lining (210' off the ground!!!)
Winery Tour
Waterfall Climbing
Hiking some trails
Geo caching
Fireworks and Parade (which didn't happen)

Although I don't have pictures of every activity we did, I do have some. So, without further ado, I give you the 1st Annual Trip to Sky Valley, Georgia:












You like how I ended it with the best picture? I mean seriously, how often do you see a big guy dancing on a waterfall? Ya gotta love Mikey boy.... Briana has a ton of pictures that she took with her super-duper-nice camera, but I don't think she's uploaded them yet.

I'll be back another day with the geo caching pictures that I have. I gotta say, that is one cool hobby. It makes you think as if you were trying to depict some crazy puzzle and it has you travel to places that you never thought existed... like an abandoned house in the woods! That one was crazy, creepy and eerie but it was cool to find once we batted down all the spider webs, dodged the poison ivy and listened closely for banjos... I'm not kidding...

All in all, we had a wonderful trip, despite the insane amounts of rain we had. Many bottles of wine, beer and liquor were consumed, many laughs were had and many memories were made. All the ingredients to a wonderful vacation. But, as they say, there's no place like home. Sean and I missed our fur-kids like crazy! It's kind of ridiculous how attached we are to them... and although the mountains and scenery in Georgia are spectacular, there's nothing that compares to a Florida sunset :)


Home sweet home.

-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment