Friday, August 16, 2013

What's right with the world...

Lately, when you turn on the TV there is usually some trashy show on that either features girls clawing each other’s weave out, or guys fighting over skanky girls with morals so low they don’t even know what morals actually are. You know what I’m talkin’ about? And I’m not going to lie, I watch some crappy TV from time to time. Its mind numbing. And some days, I need something that’s going to melt my brain and take me away from the stresses of day to day life.  But there is one show that makes me appreciate the small things in this crazy world. And that, my friends, is Duck Dynasty.
The show started back up this past Wednesday for its fourth season and I couldn’t be happier about it. It’s a show that you can watch with kids and adults, alike. It’s wholesome family television; and while they do kill the occasional duck, frog, squirrel or beaver, it shows that life doesn’t have to be so “yuppie” all of the time(in the words of Phil Robertson, the creator of the famous duck call). Material things don’t really matter in the long run because all you’re going to have left at the end of the day is the people you surround yourself with.
This family lives the simple life, aside from running a multimillion dollar company. They work together, hunt together, eat together, have fun together and most importantly, pray together. In my eyes, Duck Dynasty showcases a rare union; godly men that are madly in love with their wives and would do anything for their children. It’s hard to find that now-a-days. While watching the show, I can’t help but feel happy and hopeful that this show will somehow change people’s outlooks on things. The world would be a better place if we went at it with a cup of sweet tea in hand like my favorite guy, Si. He’s got the funniest personality and has some goofy stories that always seem to get you laughing. I could go on and on talking this show up, so I’ll put a halt to it before it gets out of control. With that, I’ll leave you some fun activities that can go along with my favorite show:
A fun workout that will have you as tired as their bird dogs at the end of a hunt:
And for my boozers, a drinking game to go along with their infamous one-liners!

Quack, quack, Jack!
-C Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment