Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ho Hum...

Not too much to report on the domestic side of things... We've been eating out a bunch (typical) but, on the flip side, we've been eating a lot more at home, too. I enjoy it. I would like to have more freedom in the kitchen when it comes to some recipes and new things, but because of a picky husband (not naming any names, but I only have one husband...) I'm not able to cook things that I would normally be stoked to whip up in the kitchen. Ugh picky eaters....

In better news, I got a new mop. ***Side note: I can't believe that this is what my life has come to.... blogging about mops. Oh my stars, I'm old. Anyhoo, this mop really is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was dealing with the Swiffer for quite a while. I started out using this guy:

I was constantly switching out the wet wipes and applying so much pressure to get the floors clean that I actually broke the handle of the mop! What can I say, I'm like Wonder Woman. I don't even know my own strength.

So, after that piece of crap broke, I bought this one:


The famous Swiffer Wet Jet. I was pretty excited to get this guy. I put the batteries in, attached the fluid cartridge thingy and got moppin'. I liked it for a while; it had more strength in the handle, but after about two uses, the batteries were starting to fizzle out that squirt the special cleaning fluid (which I'm convinced is just water and some Lavender scent). Not only that, but the fluid would only squirt out of one side, not both. 

#housewifeproblems

So, not only do I still have to still by the wet pads, but now I have to supply this mop with batteries and "cleaning" fluid that I have to buy because only the Swiffer Brand fits into this thing. That's crap I tell ya. To heck with the Swiffer brand. On to the next. Behold, the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop. 

I'm trying my best to make this sound as exciting as possible. I'm sure I'm failing at this task, but, for those of you that have tile or wood floors all over your house, you know what a pain it is to keep your floors clean. Especially when you have two dirt-loving-fur-balls living with you rent free


This mop really is awesome, though. If you notice in the picture above, it shows two red pads. These red cotton pads are very absorbent and are awesome to clean with. The best part? They're machine washable. Score! No more buying wet pads ($12 savings right there!). Not only that, but the thing is built pretty strong. As opposed to the cheap sticks used for the handles on the Swiffer mops, this one is about an inch thick and is completely sturdy and durable. The mop head is huge so it takes less time to clean your floors (love time savers!). My favorite part has got to be the fluid cartridge. It looks similar to a water bottle and is completely refillable. You can use whatever cleaning solution you want! Currently I have a water and ammonia mixture ($3 for a bottle of ammonia that will last forever where the Swiffer fluid will cost you around $8 and last a few mop sessions). If you want to be a little more natural, you can use a water and white vinegar mix. I'm all about all natural, but the smell of vinegar makes me want to hurl, which would completely defeat the purpose of clean floors... It also has a trigger to disperse the fluid, much like a spray bottle, instead of pressing a button and getting a measly little stream. This thing sprays about a three foot span. Git-r-done!

In retrospect, you save yourself a bunch of money and time. Isn't that what we're all looking for in life? Enough with talking up a mop though, it's sorta making me depressed... I'll be back later with a more exciting post (hopefully). Until then, happy mopping!

-C Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment